Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Comps project 2


6 comments:

  1. Very nice and clean composition and color palette. The organic frames (left) definitely works the best. I also like how you used textures to give your piece a tactile feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing, I would consider changing the typeface of "say" or turning it into a boldface because of readability issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anthony.
    not a bad start. label is overall too small in context to the package.

    slight shadow would allow type to stand out more on the design on the left. definitely has a jungle vibe to it... jurassic park even, but thats from stereotyping (hahah no pun intended. which is a great idea for a design blog. dont steal that). Those movies ruined the use of these fonts.

    Watch your LETTERSPACING ALWAYS!!!

    Larger label and bring up the texture a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The texture on the package looks good, I really like it. Your design layout is simple and clean, but the type on the labels reminds me of the animal Disney movies, so I don't know if you might want to change that, but everything else looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is kinda creepy because I'm sitting right next to you right now, but anyways your designs are looking good. Maybe try and wrap something underneath the type that space looks a little too empty. Either way, good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that really the same typeface used for the Jurassic Park films? If so, I didn't even realize it, lol. It's a great typeface though and it does work. Great design and color choice. The label does look small in comparison to the size of the box, so you can enlarge it a bit. I especially like the texture that your using, definitely bumps up your design. The background images are very light though, can't really make out what it is, play around with adjusting the opacity on them and maybe think about using a different image for each box which relates to the type of that soap bar.

    ReplyDelete